Oral Health Care For Busy Lives
This year Dental Health Week, which runs from 7 to 13 August, has taken Oral Health For Busy Lives as its theme.
The aim of the event is to help you appreciate that, no matter how busy you are or where you are in life, it is possible to fit caring for your teeth and gums into an already-overcrowded schedule.
Do you find yourself saying things like “I will have to do this another day,” or “This can wait?” You’re not alone if you do. These are sentiments that the majority of us express. But this state of busyness may be causing problems that are keeping you from your healthiest smile.
DentArana is your partner in dental care, no matter how busy your schedule!
The Importance Of A Healthy Mouth
Gum disease is extremely common. One in three adults and more than 50 per cent of Australians over the age of 65 have moderate to severe periodontitis, which is caused by an imbalance of bacteria in the mouth.
It’s a huge and expensive problem. Oral health conditions alone cost an estimated $420 billion a year globally. Each year, preventable dental conditions put more than 60,000 Australians in hospital.
Obviously, this is an enormous waste of time and money that can be avoided by small investments of time in dental hygiene
Save Time In Only 5 Minutes A Day!
Five minutes a day is all it takes to save hours in a dental chair, or days, weeks, even months of productivity-crushing illness.
- The first part of your oral hygiene regimen should be a 2-minute brushing, two times a day!
- Flossing your teeth should be a daily habit. We recommend at night so that food does not rest in between your teeth while you sleep.
- Cleaning your tongue is an easy addition to your routine and will greatly benefit your oral health. You can use floss, a toothbrush, or a specially designed scraper that is available at many pharmacies.
- The final touch is mouthwash. Sip a small amount and swish for 30-40 seconds. Spit it out and you are off to your busy day!
Nutrition – A key part of your daily schedule
Working good nutrition into your diet takes almost no time – after all, we all have to shop and eat! But good nutrition can not only save you time and money on dental care, but on general care as well.
Proper nutrition means eating a well-balanced diet so that your body can get the nutrients needed for good health and wellness. If your diet is low in the nutrients your body needs, your mouth may have a more difficult time resisting infection. This may contribute to periodontal disease, a major cause of tooth loss in adults.
Although poor nutrition does not cause periodontal disease directly, many researchers believe that the disease progresses faster and can be more severe in people with nutrient-poor diets.
Pack A Dental Kit For Daily Life
Many of us think of dental kits as only for travel. But in fact, a dental kit can make dental hygiene easier in daily life as well!
What should your kit contain? Probably just what you expect:
- Toothbrush. If nothing else, a toothbrush + water can be a way to keep your mouth clean.
- Toothpaste. Use travel sized toothpaste to help space.
- Floss. More important than toothpaste, floss helps keep food particles and plaque forming along your gumline.
- Mouthwash. Think of mouthwash as a “toothbrushing lite” that battles bacteria and bad smells.
Put your kit together, carry it with you, and use it regularly. Almost no time impact, but greatly improved dental hygiene!
How NOT To Save Time By Avoiding Your Dentist
Patients sometimes believe they are saving time and money by not seeing their dentist regularly. This is simply not true. Any time you save by skipping a dental appointment is usually well more than made taken back from you by treatment needed down the road.
Patients who forgo their routine exams can allow a small problem that could be easily fixed, to become an expensive problems requiring major treatment. This can eat up both your budget and your time!
To save you time, DentArana offers convenient appointments on Tuesday and Thursday Evening, as well as Saturdays. We also offer emergency dental services, and make a point of getting you in and out of your dental appointments on-time!
The Dentarana Difference!
Whatever your dental condition, your Arana Hills dentist is here to help optimise your dental health, and without pain and anxiety!
We will examine you to ensure that you are not suffering from tooth decay, infection, or gum disease. If you are, we will address those issues. Then, after we have helped you achieve your optimum level of dental health, we will talk with you about your ongoing dental health and what approach is most likely to help you keep it!
New Patients Special Offers
- Pay No Gap: NO GAP for Exam, Clean and Scale (with any health insurance) for under 17
- No Health Insurance: Only $99 for Exam, Clean and Scale (under 17’s)