The arrival of spring often gives us the inspiration to clean our houses and create an environment that’s bright and fresh in the new weather.
We shine things up, upgrade our tools, throw out stuff we don’t need, wash the car, whatever it takes for a cleaner start in spring.
Here at DentArana, we can work with you to do the same spring-cleaning on your mouth! Having clean teeth, fresh breath, and healthy gums helps you look and feel your best, and should absolutely be a part of your family’s “spring cleaning”!
To help you and your dental health ‘spring’ into the season, we’ve compiled a list of things you can do to improve your oral health as well as some of the things DentArana can help you with as we move from spring to summer.
What you can do
Take time for toothbrush care. It’s too easy to forget to replace your toothbrush regularly. But it is critical to change out your toothbrush every three months for best brushing results.
When you choose a new toothbrush, look for one that fits comfortably in your mouth and hands. Soft bristles are also important as they protect your bums.
Replacing your toothbrush every three months also helps you improve overall health since it avoids spreading the germs that are so prevalent during cold and flu season.
Conventional and electric brushes should be replaced four times a year. Which leads to our next suggestion.
Upgrade to electric. Just as you might upgrade your lawnmower in spring, consider upgrading how you brush your teeth. An electric toothbrush works at more than 30,000 strokes per minute compared to about 100 strokes per minute with a manual toothbrush.
Electric toothbrushes also work better as they push toothpaste and saliva between the gum line and teeth. This provides a more effective cleaning. Electric toothbrushes are also handy for people with mobility, flexibility, or joint problems in their hands, as they do most of the work for you.
Enjoy sweets without harming teeth. Spring events and holidays often include delicious meals, fresh cocktails, candies, cakes, and cookies.
Sugar seems to be a main ingredient of spring! This sugar combines with any plaque in the mouth to create an acid that eats away at your teeth.
Here’s how to avoid harm:
- If you are eating something high in sugar, rinse with mouthwash or water after you are finished
- Drink sugary drinks through a straw
- Chew sugar-free gum after eating or drinking sugars
- Brush 30-40 minutes after imbibing
- Make water your primary choice for hydration
Get a spring cleaning at DentArana
A checkup, clean, and perhaps a scale may be just the thing to optimise your oral health and smile. Here’s why!
- Healthy teeth and gums – You can’t have healthy teeth and gums without regular professional teeth cleanings. No one practices perfect oral hygiene, so even the best brusher and flosser needs help from a professional.
- Spring-fresh breath – Bacterial buildup smells bad and can harm your work, love, and social lives. People who have regular cleanings have fresher breath and fewer issues with bad odours.
- Reduced risk for dental problems – Bacteria leads to gum disease and cavities. A professional teeth cleaning can wipe those bacteria away. As an added benefit, regular teeth cleanings usually save time and money by lowering the risk of dental problems and the need for expensive dental work.
- Brightened teeth–Professional teeth cleanings remove stains and leave the teeth whiter, brighter, and less likely to stain in the future.
- Improved overall health – Numerous research studies demonstrate a link between oral health and your overall health. Patients with mouth infections (gum disease) are more prone to heart disease and overall systemic inflammation. There are also relationships between poor oral health and strokes, diabetes, and low birth weight babies.
Contact DentArana about an appointment
Tooth whitening. Once your teeth are cleaned, you may want to give them a new look. Similar to repainting a fence or house, whitening gives your smile more ‘curb appeal’!
Teeth whitening allows you to remove light to moderate stains and discolouration from teeth, which improves not only your appearance but also your confidence!
Our skilled dentists know what teeth whitening system works best for your smile. DentArana only provides professional-grade tooth whitening solutions that are effective, safe, and long-lasting.
DentArana is your partner in health
DentArana provides Family Dentistry in Arana Hills. At DentArana we want you and your family to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile, for life.
Our goal is to make quality dental care affordable, and help you achieve maximum oral and overall health! DentArana can help you with all your dental needs, from clean and scales to bridges and dentures.
We are conveniently located in Brisbane’s western suburbs and offer late and Saturday hours!
New Patients Specials
- Pay No Gap: NO GAP for Exam, Clean and Scale (with any health insurance) for under 17
No gap Mouthguards or $99 if no health fund.
- No Health Insurance: Only $99 for Exam, Clean and Scale (under 17’s)
Call (07) 3351 3366 or visit us at Shop 5 Patricks Place, Corner Dawson Parade and Patricks Road in Arana Hills.