Your teeth are your tools for life. For this reason, they need to be maintained and cared for, daily and regularly.
Keeping your teeth and gums in great shape can significantly reduce your risk of various dental diseases, as well as other systemic conditions.
At DentArana, we are your partners in wellness and prevention. Our gentle and friendly dental team are always enthusiastic to demonstrate the right way of brushing and flossing your teeth, and providing useful dental care tips to help you achieve optimal oral health wellness.
What is Good Oral Hygiene?
Poor oral hygiene is a threat to your health. It makes you prone to various dental and medical problems, which can affect your personal and professional lives.
The key to avoiding bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease is keeping food deposits and plaque from accumulating on your teeth, gums and tongue. Practicing good oral hygiene is not hard.
Here’s a 4-step routine to help keep your mouth free from plaque and tartar build-up:
- Brush teeth gently and properly. Use an antiseptic mouthwash afterwards.
- Floss teeth daily.
- Always clean your tongue during your brushing routine with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
- Don’t skip your dental appointments. Good home dental care is inefficient without regular check-ups and cleans.
The Benefits of Good Oral Hygiene
Practicing good oral hygiene reaps many dental and health benefits:
- Your dentist can professionally clean your teeth easier and faster if teeth have less plaque and tartar
- Reduce your need for dental procedures that treat tooth decay. Many of these procedures are painful, extensive, and costly!
- Reduce your annual expenses for dental healthcare
- You are healthier and free from dental pain and discomforts
- Enjoy fresher breath and talk with confidence
- Achieve healthy, attractive smile
Your Partners in Dental Care
Keep your oral health at its optimum level by taking charge of your oral hygiene routine. At DentArana, we strongly recommend making an appointment for your routine check-ups and cleanings every six months, as this will help you prevent the onset of dental problems and your Arana Hills dentist can detect any issues before they become damaging.
If your oral hygiene needs a boost, our dental team are here to help. We take pride in using the latest dental innovations and advanced techniques in order to deliver first-rate preventative care services for you and your family.