Functional Jaw Orthopaedics
Functional Jaw Orthopaedics is the art of using Removable or Fixed appliances during the child’s growth phase to address malocclusions, which have a skeletal basis. These appliances influence the growth of the developing facial and jawbones when they have the potential for rapid growth.
What Function Jaw Orthopaedics Can Correct?
- Bad bites
- Mouth Breathing
- Improper swallowing patterns
- Deep bites
- Under bites
- Narrow jaws and smiles
- Tongue Thrusts
- Teeth grinding
- Speech difficulties
- Ear problems
- Jaw Joint Problems
All of these issues can be treated before the permanent teeth erupt and can prevent the use of fixed orthodontics, such as braces, in the future.
The Benefits Of Early Treatment Using Functional Orthopaedics
- Non-Extraction Orthodontics
- Appliances allow teeth to fit comfortably without resorting to extractions later on
- A broad, attractive smile
- Creating an attractive profile and proper lip support
- Proper space for the tongue
- Less chance of relapse
Functional Jaw Orthopaedics at DentArana
If you would like to find out how Functional Jaw Orthopaedics could benefit you or your child, please call DentArana to book a consultation.